When you complete this lesson, you will…
- Embrace the biblical goal of religious instruction according to 1 Timothy 1:5.
- Understand the role of religious instruction in knowing how to draw near to God.
- Recognize that you can speak with the same authority as a teacher as Jesus’ did if you also receive your teaching from the Spirit.
- Allow the adversities that come into your life to purify you and strengthen your faith, accomplishing all that the Lord wants to do within you.
- Honor the teachers in your life who are equipping you for the work of ministry, building you up, and helping you reach spiritual maturity.
Before you begin…
As always, recognize that life-changing Truth is not merely an academic exercise but only comes about through the revelation of Holy Spirit. Practice seeking His illumination and reasoning together with Him as you approach this lesson.
Lord, I draw near with a sincere heart, repentant and washed by the blood of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I set aside my thoughts, my reasoning, my theology, my fears and my pride. I relax, cease my own strivings, and tune to your flow within. Holy Spirit, I open my heart and mind to you. I ask that You anoint the eyes of my heart and enlighten my understanding. I ask that You grant me God’s thoughts, God’s pictures, God’s emotions and God’s creativity. Thank you for what you reveal, in Jesus’ name, Amen. (Ps. 46:10; Ps. 62:5; Heb. 10:22; Eph. 1:17,18; Jer. 29:13; Isa. 1:18; Jn. 7:37-39; Acts 2:25)
Assignments for Lesson Ten:
u Listen to or watch teaching Session Ten, taking notes.
u Prayerfully complete Chapter Ten of the LEARN notebook, writing out verses, answering questions, and using two-way journaling as instructed.
u Take advantage of the module forum to network with other students and Mark Virkler.
u Take Quiz Eight.
Holy Spirit, I quiet myself before You, and I ask that You remind me of the things I have learned. You have promised to bring things to my remembrance. I ask You to do that now. Thank you!
Taking it deeper…
u Prayerfully complete Chapters Twenty-one and Twenty-two of the full text How Do YOU Know? The more you meditate on the Scriptures and allow the Spirit to speak to you through them, the greater impact they will have on your life.
u Memorize 1 Timothy 1:5 NASB – “But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.”