“I Hunger to See People Healed and Empowered When I Pray for Them”
You Can LEARN How to Cooperate with God and Release Miracles!
In a miracle, there is a part we play and a part God plays…
I struggled more than a year to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit and the gift of speaking in tongues. However last week, I was able to lead four people into receiving the gift of speaking in tongues and I only provided five minutes of instruction before we prayed.
I also struggled for years to heal the sick, but last week several of us laid hands on a person’s damaged knee and their pain was greatly diminished within minutes.
These events are now normal in my life, and I want to teach you how they can be normal in your life too!
I let my tongue hang loose and asked the Holy Spirit to take it over, but NOTHING happened!
Talk about depressed. My wife received the gift of speaking in tongues easily. I got nothing. Of course, I needed to first overcome my scorn and disdain and judgment against it. Then, I prayed, asked for it, fasted for it, sought it and drove hours to get prayed for to receive it. All to no avail! I sat there with my tongue hanging out, saying “God, move my tongue” and nothing happened. Why not? What was I doing wrong? No one could tell me!
So I lived depressed, feeling like a second-class Christian, unable to receive. Finally one morning, I was meditating on Acts 2:4, where they spoke in tongues as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
A flash of revelation – I MUST do the speaking!
1) THEY spoke and 2) the Spirit gave the utterance (i.e. the Holy Spirit formed the syllables). So I can’t just let my tongue hang loose. I have to do the speaking, but choose not to form the syllables with my conscious mind. Instead, I tune to the flow of the Holy Spirit within me and speak whatever syllables FLOW out of me (Jn. 7:37-39). Thus, He forms the syllables, and I am speaking in tongues.
I step out in faith – walking on the water…
Of course, my mind had a fit. It told me I was speaking gibberish. The syllables were nothing – just made up. So now I need to choose: Do I believe when I ask for the Spirit, that I receive the Spirit, or do I think I get a serpent or a stone? I decided to place my faith in God’s Word, and I continued to speak, and now 44 years later, I am still happily building up my spirit by speaking in tongues (1 Cor. 14:1-4).
Have faith in flow – what a BIG step!
Who had ever taught me to have faith in flow? Who had even taught me that there was a river flowing within me, and that if I would tune to the flow within, I would be tuning to the Holy Spirit? I had never heard that! There was no theology concerning flow, period.
Now I teach people to have faith in the flow within them, and we cover this principle in great detail in our booklet How to Receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
Establishing HEART Faith
If we don’t doubt IN OUR HEARTS, we can cast mountains into the sea…we can do miracles. Well, I had no idea what the difference was between head faith and heart faith. However, one morning as I prayed for revelation, God flashed before my eyes the understanding that heart faith is when He fills all five senses of my spirit with Himself!
As with Abraham, the Father of faith, I need a rhema word and a vision from God of the promise already fulfilled. This I ponder, speak and act on day after day, incubating God’s spiritual reality, until it is released into my world. Simple, easy, amazing. So I have lived out of this revelation for over 40 years, and it has allowed me to participate in things much greater than my natural abilities would allow for. Obviously, you can too.
When I muttered, “Never enough,” the Lord spoke and showed me, “More than enough!” I adopted His picture and words and rejected mine.
When I said, “I am sick,” He said, “By My stripes you are healed.” I dumped my picture and confession, and adopted His vision and truth.
When I said, “I see division,” He said, “Don’t see division, because what you see, believe and speak is what you receive.”
He taught me to live in heart faith. It changes everything.
Miracles on the streets… The evidence of the NEXT revival!
OK, we all want miracles. I believe that in this currently unfolding move of God we will see believers performing miracles – normally, naturally, and continuously – on the streets and in the malls, as well as in conferences as we engage with those in pain and suffering.
Obviously, this is what Jesus did, and this is what He commissioned and empowered us to do, and satan has done everything he can to make sure we don’t do it. Well, satan is going to lose, and believers are going to win!
Miracles come as we move in the compassion of Christ, reaching out with intense love, concern and care, touching those who are in pain, speaking healing to their bodies. We are clearly told we can be like Elijah, who prayed seven times, and got his results. The Bible encourages us to do the same (Jas. 5:17,18).
How about if we provide you a toolbox of prayer approaches you can use to see people healed? Jesus sure used variety. We can too, assuming we know what tools we have available to us. We can ask the Holy Spirit, “What do You want me to do next as I pray for healing for this person?” and then follow what His flow is leading us to do.
I guarantee that as you practice using these tools with focused intent for three months, you will see greater results in your healing prayer and leading people into supernatural encounters with Almighty God. And isn’t that what it is all about? I think so.
Lives transformed as people are “Empowered by the Spirit”
Pastor Lyle Thomas: Praying in tongues takes me to a higher level in the spirit.
I just had a powerful time of prayer in tongues. It almost always takes me to a higher level in the spirit, so I want to make it more regular, and I am really glad I am training myself to go longer each time. Today was 19 minutes. I suddenly burst into tears when praying about our marriage and family (at least that is what I was thinking about and feeling like what I was praying about).
What do You want me to know about all this, Lord? Lord, what do You want to say about tongues as a means of drawing closer to You?
“You see its benefits, yes? I am teaching you through these benefits the power of the flow of My Spirit. In many ways this is the training ground for the ability to walk by the Spirit in general. For when you can release the creative flow of My anointing, then you can release the power of My presence in a given situation. In this way, your devotional life and your walking life will merge more and more into a unified whole. Do not beat yourself up over the pace of change. Rejoice in the natural seeds of hope that are popping up as you begin to walk in this reality. You will not need to make yourself walk by the Spirit the more you flow in the Spirit. This is naturally supernatural. It is the way of the Master.”
I Forgave and My Eczema Vanished!
I recently went to Mark Virkler’s Dream Interpretation seminar. After hearing him talk about a particular example he shared about healing, I approached him and told him what had happened to me.
In 1969, my adopted dad passed away when I was two and my mom got remarried in 1974. I’m not sure of the time frame that the sexual abuse began with my stepdad, but I was 30 years old when I told my mom about it. I thought that I had forgiven him.
Fast forward a little over 10 years – we ended up moving out-of-state. I was cleaning with a lot of products and the stress of moving, putting our house on the market and leaving family and friends caused eczema on my elbows (so I thought).
We rented a house in Virginia and I still had the eczema. The combination of moving again after a year and finding a house didn’t help either. It actually moved from my elbows to my fingers then settled on my right hand below my thumb – a patch the size of half of a dollar bill.
Our house finally sold and we purchased the house we now live in. The stress was gone and I switched to milder cleaning products hoping that the eczema would go away. It didn’t. This process lasted from 2008 to 2014. I had used creams, steroids, taken pills – none of which helped.
In 2014, I had been learning about roots of sickness in our bodies and realized the possibility of unforgiveness causing my eczema.
My stepdad was having major heart surgery in September 2014. I went up to Maine for three weeks to help my mom with whatever she needed while he was recovering. The night before his surgery, I led him to the Lord. I told him that I loved him and that he was in God’s hands. That night, I truly forgave him. He had a very rough surgery/recovery time but has recovered wonderfully.
Within that three weeks, I noticed that my eczema was getting less and less on my hand. By the time I came home, the eczema was gone. God is so faithful. Today I have no residuals of any eczema. I am totally healed!
And just this year my stepdad apologized and said, “Thank you for forgiving me, I don’t deserve it.” I told him because God has forgiven me much, I needed to forgive him.
Healing the sick everywhere they are found!
I’m cleaning a roof in Seattle today, getting a good upper back and shoulder workout! A petite lady working for the post office comes by and starts asking me about the work. We chat for a bit, and I notice she walks slightly bending forward. I ask her, “Are you in pain?” “Oh yes, every day.”
I respond, “I’m a Christian. Sometimes when I pray for people they get healed. May I pray for you for God to heal you?” She responds with a smile, “Oh yes.”
I ask her to gauge the pain on a scale of 1 to 10, one being little pain and 10 being tremendous pain. She rates her pain at eight. I look with the eyes of my heart and see the Holy Spirit flowing like a river on her. I pray something like this, “I break the curse of pain over you in Jesus’ name. I release peace and healing to your body. Pain, go, in Jesus’ name.”
I then ask her to rate her pain on the scale of 1 to 10. “No pain,” she says. “Thank You, Jesus,” I think. She then has to go back to work.
I wonder if I will ever see her again and if the healing will stay. Several minutes later she yells out from across the street, “George! The pain is still gone!” She has tears in her eyes.
George says, “I learned this method of praying for healing from this training blog on a 7 Step Healing Model (which is included in this month’s course).
How much time should we invest learning to move in the power of the Spirit?
If healing the sick through the laying on of hands is part of the great commission (Mk. 16:18) with many examples of Jesus doing this, then how many sermons should we hear on how to walk by the Spirit? How much time should we spend meditating on what it means to move in the power of the Spirit?
I have spent years on this subject, meditating on every Scripture I could find on miracles and gifts of healings through the power of Holy Spirit flowing out through me. I have several books, and over 100 blogs on this topic.
In this e-learning module, we are bringing together the best of what I have discovered, to help you finally become comfortable releasing the supernatural power of God as part of your daily life.
The result is that you and I can now easily lead others into the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and into divine healing. How much is that worth?
Our no risk guarantee – experience “Lesson One” absolutely FREE, right now!
We provide Lesson One of our foundational course, How to Hear God’s Voice, free of charge so you can discover for yourself if we are offering some stuffy armchair theology or real, down-to-earth, practical, engaging, life-transforming truth.
Didn’t the free sample convince you this is better training than anything you could have imagined?
I guarantee that in the training module Empowered by the Spirit, you will discover the keys to living by the Spirit! You will need to practice releasing Him throughout the day to yourself and others. We can teach you in just three months what has taken me years to learn because I have gone ahead and prepared the way. God has revealed and guided me in laying out the truths concerning releasing the power of the Holy Spirit. This training is structured as a prayer, meditation and journaling time which can easily and comfortably be completed during your daily quiet times.
My daughter and I even co-host a members-only online chat room where you can come and post your questions and get answers. As you get started, you can share your revelations and questions and issues so we can confirm if you are on the right track and help you along the path of abiding in His presence. We will become personal coaches to you during this three month training experience.
Look at ALL the digital training you will receive in this interactive Spirit Life Training Module!
- How to Receive the Baptism in the Spirit booklet. This is the simplest explanation you will ever find of what the baptism in the Holy Spirit is, and how to receive the gift of speaking in tongues. – $1 value
- How to Speak in Tongues MP3 – Initially, I made the gift of speaking in tongues hard. Once I discovered how easy it was, I received my breakthrough. I will explain exactly how you can experience this wonderful miracle in your life and the amazing benefits of speaking in tongues. It’s a simple, step-by-step approach that will allow you to help others get their breakthrough, too. I show you that to receive God’s gift is easy! After all, it is the GIFT of speaking in tongues! I will lead you directly into a prayer time where you receive the gift of speaking in tongues. – $3.60 value
- How to Speak in Tongues video – Can be accessed streaming online or downloaded for offline viewing. Identical to the MP3 and ideal for evenings watching the sessions together with your family or small group. – $4.50 value
- Mountain-Moving Faith MP3 – This hour-long message describes the heart of how to live daily, filling all five senses of your Spirit with God, so that His miracles and His lifestyle flows constantly out through you. – $3.60 value
- Mountain-Moving Faith video – Can be accessed streaming online or downloaded for offline viewing. This hour-long message is identical to the MP3 by the same title. Watch this with your home group. – $4.95 value
- Divine Healing Toolbox MP3 – This message includes a host of different ways we have discovered which are effective in praying for healing for yourself and others. Nothing like having a toolbox which contains the right tool to meet the current need. When all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail. – $3.60 value
- Divine Healing Toolbox video – Can be accessed streaming online or downloaded for offline viewing. This message is identical to the MP3 by the same title. Watch this with your home group. Practice praying together for one another, using these tools! – $4.50 value
- How to Release God’s Healing Power Through Prayer ebook – Over 100 pages exploring and detailing various approaches to healing prayer. – $9.95 value
- All of these electronic resources are instantly downloaded to your computer or smartphone, available for immediate access from any device. – $100 value
- A comprehensive online lesson plan which takes you by the hand and guides you step-by-step through the whole process, integrating all your learning materials into a cohesive and well-rounded experience. This Learning Management System also leverages interactive self-scoring quizzes to reinforce all of the key takeaways from each section, making sure that you “own” them before moving on. – $100 value
- Personal Assessment tools are provided throughout the course so you can confirm that you have internalized and mastered the key skills taught in the each lesson. This guarantees life-change! A priceless benefit, but we will limit it to $197 value.
- Printable Certificate of Completion as you finalize the course, awarding you five CEUs. – $50 value
- Option to apply credits toward an undergraduate or graduate degree from Christian Leadership University. – $200 value
- Coupon for 40% off hard copies of this material – $19+ value
- Coaching – Access to a members-only online chatroom where Mark will answer your questions and be a sounding board for your journaling. Wow! Now this is a personal touch to speed you on your way! – $300 value
Total Value = $1,002.24
Team up and focus with a coach at your side — experience your Promised Land!
There is no easier way to grow than to get into a group of like-minded people, and focus intently, under the direction of the Holy Spirit and a coach who is ahead of you in the area you are pursuing. A cord of three is not quickly broken. You support one another through the training process and by “focusing intently,” you become a doer of the Word and not a hearer only (Jas. 1:25). No one wants to die in their wilderness, so make sure you are taking the proper steps which will allow you to occupy your promised land!
Isn’t it time to see healing on the streets? Let’s offer the world a living, compassionate touch from the Master’s hand. The church owes the world an encounter with God. This is our heritage. This is our birthright. Let us not lose it. Plus, isn’t getting healed up yourself so much better than living life sick?